In late 2015 I setup a computer teaching facility at the charity school in Luang Prabang. 280 students now get one computer lesson and 4 English lessons each week. With some assistance, I developed an ‘Introduction to Computing’ programme.
GOALS for 2016
- up-skill local Lao teachers in Information Technology,
- train a new Lao teacher as the IT assistant for afternoon and weekend classes,
- develop workshops for Elementary students,
- teach computing to villagers 1-1,
- donate the goods collected from generous supporters in NZ to villages.
I spent must of the year collecting donated items and am taking:
- 10 laptops
- 1 iPhone, 2 routers, 1 webcam and other items
- 50 x A5 conference folios with calculators
- amazing prints of Wellington and NZ scenes
- external hard drives
- internal hard drives to replace dead drives in computers
- 200 toothbrushes
- 50 KG of some very cool children’s clothing for villagers
Thank you so much for such great support.
You can securely donate via credit card here or deposit into ASB Bank 12-3629-0402457-00.
Thank you (Khop Chai Der)!
Education, Laos, School